Friday, February 05, 2010

""I pledge to make my car a no phone zone "" do make the time to read it

Yesterday a freak situation happened - I was driving back from my office and though I do not pick up calls when driving,there was someone important driving me nuts with their incessant calling.I decided to take the call to tell the person that I was driving -but in those few seconds I would have driven into a car flat and square - a car whose driver was also immersed on the phone and had taken a wrong turn onto a one way road.

I did not know whether to blame myself or the other person and am sure she must have also thought so - so we sheepishly smiled and made our ways .

All said and done but for the few seconds in which the accident could have happened my heart was in my mouth.

I then and there decided to make my car a No Phone Zone and

"I pledge to make my car a No Phone Zone. Beginning right now, I will do my part to help put an end to distracted driving by not texting or using my phone while I am driving. I will ask other drivers I know to do the same. I pledge to make a difference."

I request my friends on face book to do the same and just send me a message just saying "" I Do too " after having taken the pledge..

Awaiting your taking the pledge too ...

- Dr Amit K Saiya